Karoo Style

Karoo Style
Picture taken at Dennehof Guest House, Prince Albert

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spring





At 09h00 on Saturday I headed to Cape Garden Centre to indulge in some green retail therapy. I returned with a bootfull of spring blooms including three varieties of tomatoe seedlings; Ox Heart, Roma and Moneymaker (?), four geraniums, three violas, one strawberry and one Parfait Raspberry Dianthus.
I also bought three Watsonias - I knew of a Watsonia but didn't have any idea of what it looked like. I saw two sugarbirds flying into the nursery grounds to suck at the flowers and I thought that's what I must buy and it turned out to be Watsonias - long elegant plants with chalky peach flowers. They are destined to be planted between the burgundy icebergs in the front garden where they will enjoy long hours of sunshine and easy bird access.

No comments:

Post a Comment